My First Blog Post

    My name is Em Beaton and I am from Portland, Oregon! I attended Texas Christian University for one year before coming to Corvallis. I am a finance and marketing double major.

    I enrolled in this course because it was a prerequisite for my majors and because I am very interested in marketing. I want to go into sales after college and then eventually work my way up into upper management. I am interested in marketing because I want to know how to be the best at selling products to consumers. I am interested in how marketers convince people that they need their product. 

    Growing up, I always thought that if I had the best new product, clothes, or makeup I would feel more confident and better about myself. It took me years of buying these things that marketers were directing toward me before I realized that these physical items were not going to bring me confidence. These marketers used extremely good marketing techniques to target me and convince me that I needed their product. I want to learn how these techniques work so well and use that knowledge when I am in sales. Obviously, I do not want my target audience to be young girls but I want to learn the best marketing techniques to be the best in sales. 

    I am very passionate about working out and traveling. I started lifting weights about a year and a half ago. Over that time, I learned how to create workouts for myself and have seen progress along the way. I also love to travel. I typically travel within the United States and my favorite place I have been in the US is China Walls in Honolulu, Hawaii. I love cliff jumping and China Walls is a place where I jumped in the ocean from a cliff. I also love Steelhead Falls in Bend Oregon for cliff jumping. My favorite place outside of the country is Lake Como, Italy. The lake is so beautifully blue and the architecture is so intricate and unique. I also love trying new foods wherever I go.

    I am very excited about this class and the knowledge I will learn for my future after college!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motorbike-riding Highland Cow for Virgin Media

Social Listening Blog Post